The Hario Syphon Technica 5 Cup may appear to be a crazy scientist's experiment, yet it produces luxuriously smooth coffee with vividly bright aromatics. The resulting coffee is so excellent that it has been named "the best filter coffee you can make" by many people across the world.
While the brewing procedure isn't simple, it's not tough either. The syphon (also known as a vacuum pot) produces a vacuum in the 700ml bottom chamber, forcing the water to rise to the top chamber, where the coffee grinds are placed, to start the brewing process. It's a sight to behold.
Direction to Use
- Fill the bottom chamber with 550ml of hot water and turn on the alcohol burner.
- Fill the upper chamber with 33g of medium-coarse coffee grounds and insert the cloth filter.
- Connect the top chamber to the bottom bulb and set a timer for when the water level rises.
- Stir the grounds slightly after 30 seconds of water/coffee contact.
- Remove the syphon from the flame after 2 minutes of brewing.
- Remove the upper chamber when the brewed coffee has drained and enjoy.
Highlights of Hario Syphon Technica 5 Cup
- Rich, Balanced and Full Flavoured Coffee. This coffee is known for its velvety smooth texture and vibrant aromatics, and it is widely considered as one of the world's finest filter coffees.
- Easy Brewing Process. Simply ignite the wick and the burner will maintain the optimal temperature for syphon brewing during the whole process of brewing.
- Enhanced Coffee Flavour. Natural oils may flow through while coffee grounds are kept out, giving your coffee a creamy mouthfeel and enhancing the rich, exotic aromas.
- Durable Materials. The combination of durable metal, food-grade plastic and silicone, and world-renowned Hario glassware ensures that the syphon will endure for years to come.
- Recommendations. You might also need the Cloth Filters or Paper Filters to work with the device. A Wooden Bamboo Paddle might also come in handy to stir the coffee.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $11.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 3 business days, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we'll figure this out for you.