The Hario Syphon Technica 5 Cup may appear to be a crazy scientist's experiment, yet it produces luxuriously smooth coffee with vividly bright aromatics. The resulting coffee is so excellent that it has been named "the best filter coffee you can make" by many people across the world.
While the brewing procedure isn't simple, it's not tough either. The syphon (also known as a vacuum pot) produces a vacuum in the 700ml bottom chamber, forcing the water to rise to the top chamber, where the coffee grinds are placed, to start the brewing process. It's a sight to behold.
Inside the Box
- 1 x Hario Syphon Technica 5 Cup
- 1 x Stainless Steel + Cloth Filter
- 1 x Alcohol Burner
- 1 x Coffee Scoop
- Materials: Hario Glass, BPA-Free Plastic, Silicone, Metal
- Dimensions: 38.1cm x 36.2cm x 16.5cm
- Capacity: 600ml
- Also Available: 2 Cup, 3 Cup
Direction to Use
- Fill the bottom chamber with 550ml of hot water and turn on the alcohol burner.
- Fill the upper chamber with 33g of medium-coarse coffee grounds and insert the cloth filter.
- Connect the top chamber to the bottom bulb and set a timer for when the water level rises.
- Stir the grounds slightly after 30 seconds of water/coffee contact.
- Remove the syphon from the flame after 2 minutes of brewing.
- Remove the upper chamber when the brewed coffee has drained and enjoy.
Highlights of Hario Syphon Technica 5 Cup
Rich, Balanced and Full Flavoured Coffee. This coffee is known for its velvety smooth texture and vibrant aromatics, and it is widely considered as one of the world's finest filter coffees.
Easy Brewing Process. Simply ignite the wick and the burner will maintain the optimal temperature for syphon brewing during the whole process of brewing.
Enhanced Coffee Flavour. Natural oils may flow through while coffee grounds are kept out, giving your coffee a creamy mouthfeel and enhancing the rich, exotic aromas.
Durable Materials. The combination of durable metal, food-grade plastic and silicone, and world-renowned Hario glassware ensures that the syphon will endure for years to come.
Recommendations. You might also need the Cloth Filters or Paper Filters to work with the device. A Wooden Bamboo Paddle might also come in handy to stir the coffee.