Pour over kettles also known as brew kettles, are ideal for drip coffee brewing and immersion brewing. Pour over coffee kettles provide some distinct benefits to your brewing process that are not available with traditional kettle designs. The narrow spouts of the Bonavita, Kalita, and Hario kettles allow for a much more regulated, precise pour. Our selection of electric & stovetop kettles has been hand-picked by our expert team of coffee enthusiasts and offers the right blend of design and function. With elegance and accuracy, get your hot water to the exact temperature. We offer an extremely elegant variety to choose from, whether you need an electric kettle, stainless steel, or a contemporary glass kettle!
How does a kettle work?
A kettle operates by heating an element, which causes the water to boil. A coffee kettle will include temperature controls and, more often than not, a gooseneck spout, all of which are designed to provide you with the ideal pour at the correct temperature for your brew. All of this results in a cup of quality coffee, made from the comfort of your home! For additional information, see our Pour Over Coffee Kettles Guide.
How to clean an electric kettle?
Here are the steps to cleaning an electric kettle:
- In a mixing bowl, combine equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Fill your kettle halfway to 3/4 of the way full.
- Connect the kettle to the power source and bring it to a boil.
- Unplug or switch off the device and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well after emptying the vinegar mixture.
- For additional details, see our kettle cleaning post.
How to descale a kettle?
- As directed, combine the descaler with the right amount of water.
- Fill the kettle halfway with water and descaler.
- Allow sitting for around 10 minutes, or for as long as the descaler package recommends.
- Before using, empty and rinse the kettle mixture.
- It's worth noting that you may leave the kettle's filter in place to descale it at the same time.
Breeze Valley has a range of pour over and Gooseneck electric kettles in various colours and designs.