The Hario Syphon Technica 2 Cup is a coffee maker for people who want to boot and turn their kitchen into a scientific laboratory. Syphons, commonly referred to as "vacuum bottles," offer a rich and crisp brew, considered unrivalled by many coffee experts due to the creation of vacuum during the brewing process. When the integrated alcohol burner generates the vacuum, the water in the bottom chamber goes to the top chamber, where the coffee is located, and starts the brewing process.
Hario's unique, heat-resistant borosilicate glass maintains coffee at 91 to 95 °C, which ensures a balanced and rich cup. If the burner is removed, the brushed coffee returns to the bottom chamber and the provided cloth filter separates it from the coffee ground. The top chamber may then be removed and placed on its stand. This model can make up to 240ml (2 cups) of coffee at a time. The syphon brewer has gained praise from coffee experts across the world because it creates a cup of coffee which is balanced, rich and different.
Hario Syphon Technica 2 Cup Features
- Balanced & Crisp Coffee. Brews coffee under a vacuum that results in a cup that is, unlike others, rich, balanced and crisp.
- Strong Glasses. Made with one of the world's most well-known Hario glassware firms.
- Alcohol Burner for heating water and coffee is provided.
- Recommendations. You will need either Hario Syphon Cloth Filters or Hario Syphon Paper Filters to work with the Technica, the additional Wooden Bamboo Paddle would also help to stir the coffee well.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $9.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
International Shipping Rate
- Shipping to New Zealand (under 5kg): $14.95.
- Shipping to all other places & items over 5kg: Calculated Shipping Rates Applies.
- We use Auspost for all international orders. Delivery times are dependent on customs, shipping, and local postal services.
Delivery Timing Estimates
- To NSW: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 2 - 5 Business Days.
- To ACT: Express, 2 - 3 Business Days; Standard, 2 - 5 Business Days.
- To NT: Express, 5 - 8 Business Days; Standard, 8 - 12 Business Days.
- To QLD: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 4 - 6 Business Days.
- To SA: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 5 - 7 Business Days.
- To TAS: Express, 2 - 5 Business Days; Standard, 6 - 10 Business Days.
- To VIC: Express, 3 - 6 Business Days; Standard, 4 - 8 Business Days.
- To WA: Express, 3 - 7 Business Days; Standard, 9 - 12 Business Days.
- To New Zealand: Express, 6 - 12 Business Days; Standard, 7 - 14 Business Days; Economy, 25+ Business Days.
- To Other Places: Please kindly contact us for an update on the delivery timing estimation.
Last Update: 07 Jan 2022.
Note: Delivery Timing is estimation only. Due to the recent delivery uncertainties, COVID-19 restrictions, actual timing would vary.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 24 hours, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Same Day Despatch
- We aim to despatch all orders received before 3PM on the same day, and second business day for orders received after 3PM, subject to product availability. However, please do allow us up to 5 business days to prepare your order during busy days.
- Over big sales periods - like our yearly Black Friday Sale - we still aim for next day delivery, but up to five days is more likely—it's a very busy time for us!
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 688 866 and we'll figure this out for you.