Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint in the mint family. It has been used for thousands of years throughout Europe and Asia because of its pleasant, minty flavour and health advantages.
Breath mints, candies, and other foods utilise peppermint as a flavour. Peppermint is also often consumed as a caffeine-free tea. Menthol, menthone, and limonene are all found in peppermint leaves, as are a number of other essential oils. Peppermint's cooling effects and recognisable minty smell are attributed to menthol, which is found in the plant.
Even though peppermint tea is mostly consumed for its taste, research suggests that it may offer a number of health advantages. Peppermint extracts, rather than tea, have been the subject of scientific investigation.
Whether served hot or chilled, these peppermint leaves make a refreshing infusion. A flavorful blend that captures the sweet essence of all things minty while also leaving behind a calm, lasting fragrance to help you start your day off on the right foot. The infusion is brilliant and golden-green, with a strong fragrance and a deliciously minty flavour that's sweet and smooth. Crisp, clear, energising, and youthful.
- Amount: 1 tsp per cup
- Time: 2-3 mins
- Temperature: 100°C (212°F)
- Enjoy hot on its own.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
What are the Benefits of Peppermint Tea?
It's a popular herbal tea that has no calories or caffeine. According to some studies, the oils found in peppermint may also help with breath freshening, digestion, and headache pain relief. The antimicrobial qualities of peppermint tea are another benefit of drinking it.
How Many Cups of Peppermint Tea Should I Drink a Day?
Peppermint tea does not have a suggested daily intake quantity, but starting with 1-2 cups for general well-being is an excellent idea. Fighting the 3 p.m. slump requires a cup of coffee, which we suggest!
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $11.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 3 business days, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure this out for you.