With the design concepts borrowed from the greatest wine decanters in the world (designed to allow the liquid within breath and optimise its scent), the Hario Sommelier syphon has been created to guarantee the brewing experience is nothing but dreamlike for the barista and their guests. The presence of both metal and cotton filters in the pack provides the customer maximum control when making their favourite coffee. It's made with the purpose to bring out the finest in a good single origin or the well-rounded notes of a mix.
Direction to Use
- Attach the filter to the upper glass stem.
- Add coffee grounds into the upper bowl, the standard amounf for one cup is 10g.
- Fill the lower bowl with either cold or hot water up to the water level. Light the alcohol lamp, and place it under the center of the lower bowl. *Exercise extreme caution when moving the alcohol lamp if it is lit. Also make sure to not allow the lamp flame to grow wider than the lower bowl. The center of the wick should be approximately 3mm from the lamp's opening.
- While waiting for the water to boil, insert the upper bowl so that it rests diagonally in position. Once the water has been brought to boil, move the upper bowl into upright position. It is recommended to use one hand to steady the lower bowl when inserting the upper bowl.
- When water from the lower bowl rises to the upper bowl, use the attached spoon to gently stir contents in upper bowl. Heat for 40 to 60 seconds. Since the lower bowl will be almost empty, take exteme care NOT to overheat.
- Next, remove the alcohol lamp from inside the stand, attach its lid to put out the flame, and wait for coffee to drip naturally from the upper bowl to the lower bowl. *Please exercise extreme caution while moving the alcohol lamp when it is lit.
- When the coffee has completely dripped into the lower bowl, remove the upper bowl by carefully tilting it back and forth. Make sure to support the lower bowl firmly with one hand, and place the upper bowl on the lid/bowl stand. Make sure to remove and tilt the upper bowl gently, as the glass parts may collide.
- Pour into a warmed cup and enjoy. (The decanter-shaped design is intended to filter out stray coffee particles. It is recommended that ou do not pour the entire contents of the bowl for this reason.)
Highlights of Hario Syphon Sommelier 5 Cup
- Borosilicate Glass. The Hario Syphon Sommelier 5 Cup is made of high quality borosilicate glass, which is heat resistant, strong, and can be used for a long time.
- 600ml Capacity. the 600ml Capacity is great to product up to 5 cups of delicious coffee at a time.
- Appealing Look. Idea borrowed from wine industry, the Hario Syphon Sommelier looks attractive, giving people the feeling of enjoying coffee.
- Simple Cleaning. You may easily dissemble the Hario Syphon into parts and wash them by a simple rinse.
- Silicone Collar Included. The silicone collar could help to protect your hands from heat while brewing coffee.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $11.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 3 business days, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure this out for you.