Known across the globe for its quality, the Skerton has just undergone a significant improvement. It is Hario's answer to customer demands for more precision and professionalism in a hand grinder. It has improved burr stability and grinding uniformity, a simpler grind setting wheel, and a stronger grip, among other features.
One of the most significant improvements to the Skerton PRO is the revised burr construction. Even though the popular conical ceramic burrs have been maintained, a revised burr shaft and lower spring ensure that they are correctly aligned while grinding This reduces burr wobbling and results in more uniform, homogenous grinds, which results in better coffee—particularly when using coarser settings—than previously possible.
This time, the grind adjustment ring has been moved below the burrs, giving you quicker and easier access while still enabling you to brew using whatever filter coffee method you want. This equipment will not need to be replaced anytime soon, so don't be worried. The 100g capacity glass ground catcher is constructed of Hario's own famously durable glass, and the solid cast handle is now much stronger than before. An improved no-slip base prevents the grinder from sliding about the counter while it's being used.
Highlights of Hario Skerton Coffee Grinder Pro
- Latest Technology. A newer, better version of the world-famous Hario Skerton Coffee Grinder Plus that fulfils the needs of today's more precise coffee consumers while remaining true to the original's aesthetics and functionality.
- Conical ceramic burrs provide more uniform and consistent grinds as a result of an improved grind shaft and decreased spring.
- Multiple Grinding Settings. The ability to switch between different grind settings, such as french press and moka pot, is provided via a lower-mounted adjustment.
- Larger Coffee Ground Catcher. The Ball mason jar has an additional 100g of capacity, which allows you to keep even more ground coffee.
- Non-Slippery Design. The No-Slip Base has been improved, resulting in more counter stability while grinding.
- Strong Handle. The solid cast handle has been strengthened to a greater extent than previously.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $9.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
International Shipping Rate
- Shipping to New Zealand (under 5kg): $14.95.
- Shipping to all other places & items over 5kg: Calculated Shipping Rates Applies.
- We use Auspost for all international orders. Delivery times are dependent on customs, shipping, and local postal services.
Delivery Timing Estimates
- To NSW: Express, 2 - 3 Business Days; Standard, 3 - 5 Business Days.
- To ACT: Express, 2 - 3 Business Days; Standard, 2 - 5 Business Days.
- To NT: Express, 4 - 7 Business Days; Standard, 7 - 11 Business Days.
- To QLD: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 3 - 6 Business Days.
- To SA: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 5 - 7 Business Days.
- To TAS: Express, 2 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 5 - 8 Business Days.
- To VIC: Express, 3 - 4 Business Days; Standard, 4 - 7 Business Days.
- To WA: Express, 4 - 6 Business Days; Standard, 8 - 11 Business Days.
- To New Zealand: Express, 6 - 12 Business Days; Standard, 7 - 14 Business Days; Economy, 25+ Business Days.
- To Other Places: Please kindly contact us for an update on the delivery timing estimation.
Last Update: 15 Feb 2022.
Note: Delivery Timing is estimation only. Due to the recent delivery uncertainties, COVID-19 restrictions, actual timing would vary.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 24 hours, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Same Day Despatch
- We aim to despatch all orders received before 3PM on the same day, and second business day for orders received after 3PM, subject to product availability. However, please do allow us up to 5 business days to prepare your order during busy days.
- Over big sales periods - like our yearly Black Friday Sale - we still aim for next day delivery, but up to five days is more likely—it's a very busy time for us!
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 688 866 and we'll figure this out for you.