This device is designed to work with 58mm portafilters and backflushing is ready for usage.
The cleaning of accumulated particles from filters is known as backflushing, and is used to lengthen filter life, recover filter cake, and/or keep operating costs to a minimum.
Inside the Box
- 1 x Blind Filter Portafilter Basket 58mm Stainless Steel
- Materials: Stainless Steel
Back Flushing Guide
- Replace the brew basket with the blind filter, then take the portafilter out of the brew basket.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of Cafetto Espresso Cleaning Powder to the water that is flowing through the bypass filter.
- Position the portafilter in the machine's group head as though you were preparing an espresso, and screw it down as far as it will go.
- Use the brew switch to activate the pump. If you are using machines that has automatic back flushing, follow the users manual instead.
- As soon as the required pressure has been reached or the number of revolutions has been measured, turn off the brew switch.
- After completing the steps above, repeat the process at least four more times. Do not remove the portafilter, or add more cleaner while this is going on.
- Once you have finished all of the cycles and the brew switch is switched off, remove the portafilter and clean any excess cleaning material.
- Immerse the portafilter you've cleaned and your cleaned portafilter into the grouphead with the blind filter in place and tighten.
- After turning off the brew switch and halting the pump from the previous cycle, you may now remove the portafilter and replace the blind disc with your regular brew basket.