Steamed Camellia sinensis leaves are used to make sencha, a kind of green tea (tea bushes). When it comes to the flavour, sencha from Japan is often characterised as vegetal or green. It may also have a seaweed or grassy aftertaste. Sencha varieties and brewing methods influence flavour.
Fresh tea leaves are quickly steamed to avoid oxidation and keep their vibrant green colour and taste intact during the manufacturing of sencha green tea. After rolling, shaping, and drying, the leaves are ready to use.
Many other nations make sencha teas however the teas may vary significantly from Japanese varieties due to the different tea plants and processing methods employed. When compared to the green Japanese sencha, these teas are more toasted and nutty in flavour, which makes them popular for mixing.
- 1 bag per cup
- 1-3 mins
- 80ºC (176ºF)
What is the Difference between Sencha & Green Tea?
Green teas such as matcha and sencha, which both originate from the camellia sinensis plant, have a very different texture. Sencha is the steamed and rolled loose leaf, whereas matcha is a fine, bright green powder made from stone-ground tea leaves.
Is Sencha better than Matcha?
Due to the sun exposure, sencha has a higher concentration of catechin antioxidants, while matcha has a higher concentration of caffeine and theanine due to less exposure to the sun. Both of these teas are good for you, but based on the information above, you may decide which one you prefer.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $11.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 3 business days, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure this out for you.