Even though Papua New Guinea is currently part of Papua Island, it wasn't colonised until 1885, over two centuries after other islands. European powers, such as Germany and Great Britain, set up colonies in the North and in the South.
The Blue Mountain arabica plants were largely transported from Jamaica by these two powers, as opposed to employing the robusta plants that were prevalent all throughout Asia and the Pacific at this period. In the 1920s, commercial exports from coastal farms took off.
It wasn't until the 1930s, when an Australian prospector found that the island's interior was really highly productive and populous (they had previously believed it was too mountainous for cultivation and deserted), that coffee production exploded. Through its contacts with hitherto unknown tribes in the interior, the Papua government encouraged them to build family coffee "gardens."
- Varietal: Papua New Guinea
- Process: Washed
- Type: Single Origin Espresso
- Toast: Medium
- Tasting Profile: Roast Nuts, Prune, Silky Mouthfeel, Beef
- Body. Body refers to the mouthfeel of the coffee, and this single origin espresso has a medium to strong body, ensuring the coffee is smooth in your mouth.
- Acidity. Medium to strong acidity, due to the washed process, this coffee has a bright acidity, tastes like roast nuts and prune.
- Aroma. Roast Nuts, Prune, Silky Mouthfeel, Beef
- After Taste. The single origin has medium after taste, allowing the flavor to stay at your tongue.
Domestic Shipping Rates
- Small Items Flat Rate (under 5kg): $11.95.
- Large/Heavy Products: Calculated Shipping Rate at checkout.
- If 2 or more items in the cart during checkout and all of the products are small items, flat rate shipping still applies.
- Single item weighs under 5kg is considered as small items. The weight of the item is determined by the higher of the actual item weight, or the cubic weight. The cubic weight is calculated as following: Cubic Weight (kg) = Width (M) x Height (M) x Depth (M) x 250. For more details about dimension weight, kindly refer to Australia Post website.
Click & Collect
- We aim to get your parcels ready between 1 - 3 business days, some items might take a bit longer due to popularity & internal transfers. Once your item is ready for pick up, we will notify via Email & SMS.
- Pick up Address: Breeze Valley Cafe, 172 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga NSW 2076. [Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm, weekends and public holidays excluded.]
- Our warehouse is located at North Sydney, NSW. All parcels would be despatched from either the warehouse or from our delivery partner within Australia.
- Australia Post, TNT, EMS, Fedex, etc.
Signature Upon Receival
- Unless otherwise stated, orders under $200 will be left in a safe place wherever possible if you are not at home when delivery arrives, and signature would be required for orders over $200 in most cases.
- For all interstate orders, we ship via a combination of services including Australia Post, Couriers Please, Border Expres, etc, based on the best shipping price we can provide to you.
Orders Containing Alcohol
- We require all parcels containing alcohol to be signed for on delivery. The supply of liquor may only be accepted and signed for by persons 18 years and older.
- All postage is sent with tracking details as long as you provide an email address.
Lastly, we'd hate for you to have ordered something and never get it! If you have any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure this out for you.