For use with Rhino Coffee Gear Tall and Short Analogue Thermometers, the tool has a box end 13mm size wrench.
Inside the Box
Directions to Calibrate
- Locate the nut at the very top of the thermometer's stem and tighten it.
- Make adjustments to the needle location using the Calibration Tool to ensure that it displays the proper temperature.
- While maintaining your grip on the dial/face, tighten the spanner into the recalibration nut located at the back of the dial or face.
- To raise the temperature, spin the recalibration nut counterclockwise until the desired temperature is reached.
- Turn the recalibration nut in a counter-clockwise manner to lower the temperature of the instrument.
Find 0ºC Temperature Without Tools
In case you don't have other thermometers with you and need to find out the correct temperature as an indication, getting 0ºC is a useful way to calibrate the thermometer.
- Get some ice and put them into a small bowl of water.
- Stir the ice until almost all of them melted.
- Add some more ice to the cold water, and continue to stir. The 0ºC temperature should reach when there are still ice inside the water floating, but not melting any more.
- Put your thermometer inside the ice water, wait the temperature to stabalize and adjust it to 0ºC.